Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Wednesday Dismissal and Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear HM Families,

A reminder that Wednesday's dismissal is at 12:00 (not 12:30)


I also wanted to share a little bit about our assembly on Monday.  We read some poems written by Nikki Grimes about being thankful.  I've included some images of the poems below:

      


Afterwards, I asked the students to think about and share things that they are thankful for in life.

Finally, we watched a short video about simple ways to be kind in our everyday lives.  Here's a link to the Youtube clip:



I've asked students to come up with three kind things they can do, either at home or at school.  Feel free to ask your children what they can tell you about our assembly...

I hope you all get to enjoy some family time during the Thanksgiving break.  For those of you traveling, stay safe!

Best Wishes,

Mark Nardelli
Principal